Getting your gingerbread house to look just right can be a challenge. Cracking roofs, candy that just won’t stick, and dripping icing are just some of the problems that can creep up.
Follow these tips to make sure your gingerbread house comes out looking spectacular:
- Roll your dough out directly onto the baking sheet. This can help you easily trace your shapes and pull away extra dough.
- Trim the edges of the dough while it is still warm from the oven. The lines will be more even, and the pieces will also stick together better during assembly.
- Let the pieces of your gingerbread house dry overnight before assembling. Warm dough is stickier and will fall apart.
- Help keep your house strong and steady by giving it a supportive base. Cake circles, for instance, will work as a solid stabilizer.
- Give your house all of its decorative touches before assembling the pieces together. It’s much more difficult to add icing and candy after the house is built.
Give these gingerbread house assembly tips a try, and let us know what you think! Share photos of the finished product on our Facebook or Instagram pages.